These days kids are at home enjoying their summer vacations and it is quite a task to feed their little fussy tummies with different snacks when they are hungry. Here are some sandwiches which the kids will gobble in no time.
Paneer (Cottage Cheese Sandwich)
- 250 gms cottage cheese (grated)
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small capsicum
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, capsicum and chillies finely.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan, add the cumin seeds, chopped onions, fry till brown.
- Add the chillies, capsicum & tomatoes and fry till they are soft, add salt.
- Add grated paneer and fry for 5 minutes till the paneer blends into the vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and let it cool.
- 6 brown bread slices
- little butter
- little oil for greasing the grill
- Butter the bread slices and on one slice and add the paneer stuffing on top of it. Cover it with the other bread slice.
- Brush the two sides of the grill with a little oil.
- Prepare and preheat two sided grill. Place this sandwich over the grill.
- Grill until done.
- Serve with ketchup & chips.
Mushroom & Cheese Sandwich
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 10 button mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cubes cheddar cheese (Grated)
- cucumber & lettuce for serving
- Melt the butter and heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion and sauté until onion is tender. It will take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until they start to caramelize and turn golden brown, which takes about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat and let it cool a bit.
- Mix the cheese into the mushrooms.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, top each slice with mushrooms mix, place them in a sandwich griller.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve with cucumber & lettuce.