What's your excuse to vote?
Truth be told, there have been many serious discussions on why it is important for every eligible citizen to vote in the upcoming elections. City-based organisations along with political parties have gone to lengths to encourage and enlighten Punekars on the benefits of voting. Other than the ones that you already know, is this; voting this election can get you discounts on food and beverages! Yes, you read it right and no, this is not a scam! To encourage active participation of Punekars in the upcoming elections (which are tomorrow), businesses and restaurants are offering great discounts to responsible citizens who have voted in the elections.
1. To increase voter participation through radical approach of incentivising
2. To change the perception of voting day being a holiday!
The restaurants who are part of this campaign are:
- Flambos Brewpub, Bund Garden
- The Attic, Viman Nagar
- 11 East Street Cafe, Camp
- Deccan Harvest, Magarpatta
- Waah Marathi, Seasons Mall, Magarpatta
- April Rain, Aundh
1. Vote on the day of Pune Elections.
2. Visit www.hungrytable.in and select any of the participating restaurants.
3. Mention booking details and select the offer “Vote De… Offer Le”. You’ll then receive a confirmation message.
4. Show the message at the restaurant along with your inked finger to avail the offer.
Offers and booking are free of cost.
The offer kickstarts from April 17 (election day) to April 22 and will offer discounts ranging from 15%-50% off on food & beverages. What’s more, you can even click your selfie and upload it on the HungryTable wall to win vouchers from them. So, your vote doesn’t just make you a responsible citizen, it also makes you a beneficiary of wonderful discounts and offers. Need we say anything more?
Treading a similar path is Oryzza, a dine-in/takeaway joint that specialises in healthy food in a quick service format. Located on Nagaras Road in Aundh, it celebrated successful completion of one year in Pune on April 13. In their pursuit to encourage Punekars to vote, Oryzza has kickstarted an innovative concept. They are offering a 10% discount to customers who have voted in the elections. The campaign tagline states, “Show us the finger and we’ll give you a 10% discount”. The offer kickstarts from April 17 or the day of the election and is valid up to April 25. Customers will be required to show proof that they have voted in the election to avail the offer.
So, if you’re looking for a tasty meal and wish to avail a discount on it, all you have to do it vote! Sounds easy, right?