‘Avayava’ 2013- Contemporary Dance Festival is being organized for the second consecutive year in Pune from 28th-31st March, by SPACE Studio, Pune in association with:
- World Dance Movement (Italy, Spain, Switzerland)
- Broadway Dance Centre (New York)
- Harbour Dance Centre (Canada)
- Indian Society for Performers & Teachers of Dance (Bangalore)
- ArtSphere (Pune)
- Kannada Sangha (Pune)
Swapnil Dagliya, Creative Director, SPACE Studio, is the man behind the festival. He has graduated from Broadway Dance Center, New York City. He trains students in Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip-Hop and various other styles and has recently finished schooling at Opus ballet in Florence, Italy.
AVAYAVA, the first of its kind festival, is an eclectic mix of dance workshops by eminent choreographers from around the world, international film screenings and performances.
- Esteban Olives from Paris, France – Contemporary Jazz Technique
- Michel Casanovas from France – Floor Work, Improvisation and exploration of Space
- Diniz Sanchez from Spain – Contemporary Dance Theatre
- Irene Sposetti & Johan Nilsson( Being Motion) – Contemporary Improvisation Workshop & Jam – Free and open to all
Venue: Artsphere, North Court, Opp. Joggers Park, Kalyani Nagar, Pune
- Prof. Shukla Das will be present opening night (28th March) to have a panel discussion based on her movie, ‘Power of Dance‘ about Uday Shankar.
- India premier of the movie Beyond Grace, a documentary feature film of Vijaylakshmi, eminent Mohini-attam choreographer, directed by Sara Baur-Harding
- Other notable films screened at the festival are Valtari by Sidi Larbi and Christian Larson, The Rain by Pontus Lidberg and White Caps by Wilkie Branson.
Final Day Performances:
- Shakuntala by students of SPACE Studio, Diniz Sanchez and Swapnil Dagliya himself.
- Rise by Being Motion