5 Things to Look Forward to this Weekend at Pune Farmers' Market
The Weekend Pune Farmers’ Market (PFM) by Karen Anand is back, this time at Pandit Farms, Karve Nagar. If you were a part of the event last time, you know what fun it is to experience Pune’s best food, drinks, shopping opportunities and music… all at the same venue! With the event slated for this weekend, May 9 and May 10, we bring to you 5 things that you must check out at PFM. Check it out and be sure to make the most of them:
1) Pune’s Best Culinary Experience: With more than 20 participating restaurants, save your appetite and try some of the most exciting culinary offerings in town, all at the same venue! Some of the restaurants include Malaka Spice, Tim Luck Luck, Olive Bistro, Maratha Samrath, Picantos, Marrakesh, The Asian Box and more.
2) Bands – They’ve got “Chehre” performing on the first day of the market. Chehre comprises of some of Pune’s most renowned musicians who bring varied musical influences and years of experience to the stage! Genres include Hindi rock, Hindi mainstream rock and good old english classic rock covers. On the second day, you have the beloved Pune Farmers Market TRIO band consisting of Michael Pereira (Ex Agni), Christopher Fonceca (a well-known guitarist from Pune who also plays with Garry Lawyer’s band as a lead guitarist) and the Sensational Sandra Edmunds. They play retro numbers and do their own versions of popular new music.
3) Art… so much art: This PFM, we are supporting the local art community. Look out for some really innovative and groovy art installations done by The Good Artists of Pune! PLUS the good folks from Zazen Spa are going to be giving foot massages!
4) Whirlpool Haute Kitchen Demo Theatre: Catch some renowned chefs teaching you the tricks of the trade in the inside exhibition area at the Whirlpool Haute Kitchen Demo Theatre. These chefs will all be doing different culinary demonstrations. Do come early to catch a seat. Demos start from 5 PM onward.
5) DRINKS! – Watch out for a super exciting line up of wineries that include newcomer Soma Wines, Rio Fizzy wine with their range of sparkling wines and good old Sula with their brilliant whites & reds. Also, watch out for the trendy folks from All About Daru who will be the one stop bar for some great summer cocktails! Head mixologist – Nupur Joshi from All About Daru will also be showing you how to make some super cocktails that you can make easily at home! For all you beer drinkers, Kingfisher will be your brew of the day!
Great food shopping, live music, superb food & drinks (non alc & alc) & a great vibe … What else could one want to make their weekend rock?
Date: Saturday and Sunday, 9th and 10th May 2015
Venue: Pandit Farms, Karve Nagar Pune
Time: 4pm to 10pm
Address: Raja Mantri Road, Near Mhatre Bridge, Karvenagar, Pune