With the country and Pune city now in the midst of Unlock 3.0, Phoenix Marketcity has started welcoming Punekars for a revolutionised shopping experience in the new normal!
After being shut for over three months, there will finally be some relief for retailers and blue-collar workers.
With the festive season just around the corner and the threat of the pandemic still looming over us, Punekars will be looking at avenues for a safer and healthy shopping environment.
Television actress Vahbiz Dorabjee was the very first to step into the mall for a much-awaited shopping experience!
People are expecting higher hygiene standards, minimal contact service and enhanced responsibility while shopping after the lockdown.
Phoenix Marketcity Pune is ensuring a safe shopping experience for their patrons by implementing strict adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) to prevent the virus’s spread.
The mall’s new timings are 11 am to 7 pm and here are the SOPs we can expect for the health and safety of visitors:
Safety Protocols for Customers:
- UV Scanner at entry for disinfecting handbags
- UV Box for disinfecting shopping bags after shopping
- Thermal scanners at entrances
- Aarogya Setu app to be checked
- Safe air conditioning as per Government guidelines
- Sanitization mats at malls entry for disinfecting customers footwear
- Mandatory wearing of masks inside the mall
- Floor markers across the mall to ensure social distancing of 1.5 metres
- Pre-sanitised shopping bags, trolleys and baskets available to shoppers in all stores
- Hand sanitizers placed at multiple locations
- Digital/contactless payment (via Paytm, Phone Pe, Google Pay, etc.) for parking and retail counters encouraged
Safety Protocols for Retailers:
- Security personnel screening mall with thermo guns
- Stores to be managed with minimal staff
- Availability of sanitizers at all times in the store
- Supply of material into the mall restricted during operational hours
Commenting on the reopening of malls, Mr. Arun Arora, Centre Director, Phoenix Marketcity Pune, said, “We’re really glad that the Maharashtra government has supported and given us a go-ahead for reopening the mall. We assure all visitors that we’re fully prepared and have put across various safeguards in the complex to protect against Coronavirus and ensure a smooth shopping experience”
So, Punekars, is a mall visit on the cards soon? Let us know about your experience!