While the Maharashtra government has announced more relaxations starting August 5, some of the rules are not as per the central government’s Unlock 3.0 directives for states. Here’s what will be allowed and what won’t in Pune city:
- Malls and market complexes will be operational from 9 am to 7 pm, but movie theatres, restaurants and food courts within them will remain shut. Kitchens within the complexes can remain open for deliveries.
- Outdoor non-team sports like golf courses, firing ranges, gymnastics, tennis and badminton will be allowed, provided social distancing and sanitisation measures are followed
- Cabs (1+3), rickshaws (1+2), four-wheelers (1+3) and two-wheelers (1+1) will be allowed for essential activities
- Essential and non-essential shops will continue to operate from 9 am to 7 pm. Non-essential shop need to follow the P1-P2 rule laid out by the administration
- E-commerce deliveries will continue to operate
- Even though the central government has allowed gyms to reopen, Maharashtra has decided to keep them closed for now.
- Swimming pools will remain shut
- Long distance travel will continue to require an e-pass
- No large gatherings for marriages, religious purposes
Feature image by Harshal Shingare