I’m going to start by saying that I’m totally expecting comments like “Eh this happens in Mumbai also” and “What bakwaas this list is fully applicable in Jharkhand also”
Yes, I know. Monsoon is monsoon everywhere; the raindrops in Pune aren’t liquid platinum being showered on a land of solid gold.
But, if you’re a Punekar, your soul will just GET these monsoon feels.
- Punekars drink chaha at an hourly rate. Come rain showers and you can double that quantity. Because a Puneri cuppa tea is Bae and cannot be compared to any other cuppa tea.
- Next on my list is the quintessential Pune Rickshaw ride. No car drive can compare to Rickshaw commutes in Pune. A rainy morning infused with some sassy comments from a Puneri rickshawala? #YaasKween
- Steaming food at a favourite local roadside joint. Speaking of which, recently, someone left a comment on one of my Instagram pictures, saying they can never place Vada Pav and Pune in the same sentence; Mumbai comes more naturally. I rolled my eyes into a whole new dimension. A hot Puneri Vada Pav while it rains? Can I get a COWABUNGA here? *cowabungaaaaaa*
Btw, which is your favourite street food joint in Pune? Let me know in our Facebook comments’ section!
- Being a laid back city, which is less noisier as compared to larger metros, there’s a whole different feeling to just sitting around in our balconies or on window seats and watching the rain transform a green Pune into an even greener one. That, with the aforementioned cuppa chaha and hot Bhajjis! Or MAGGI! Yes, hello bliss, welcome, we’d been waiting.
- Road trips from Pune. Road trips from Pune. Did I say road trips from Pune? Road trips from Pune! Pune’s proximity to weekend getaways is one of the best aspects about our city. Mountains, beaches, hill stations, all just a few hours away. And the rains make these trips way more exciting! Just drive real safe, ok?