This Sunday, March 8, it’s time to parttaay! We spoke to Aditi Athare, founder of one of Pune’s most rocking flea markets, Za Palooza! Here’s all you need to know about it…
More about the author First of all, Za Palooza is such a unique name? What’s the story behind it?
A Palooza is an all-out crazy party; with a ton of people living it up like there’s no tomorrow. Our ultimate goal is to deliver ‘craziness’ in its purest form and that’s exactly what we do.
conocer gente sevilla What can we expect in this year’s edition?
Round 4 of “Za Palooza” satiates the hunger of all the art buffs with entrepreneurs showcasing some really upbeat and quirky, colourful products; a painter-street with local artisans, music for the soul, culinary workshop by the famous Chef Shailendra of German Bakery and scrumptious food for the foodies who crave nothing but the best!
http://munininhue.cl/?molodew=se-busca-mujeres-solteras&5a2=e6 Music is always such an important part of any outdoor fest or market these days. What’s the music quotient of Za Palooza?
We want to promote only local and upcoming bands and artists that have raw talent, but need a platform to showcase themselves to a wider and more appreciative audience. We have artists from Pune as well as Mumbai. The main genres are classic rock, indies, blues, some original compositions, reggae and rock n roll.
http://jewelofmuscat.tv/pijibi/2807 When you get together the exhibitors for a flea market, what kind of brands do you target?
We deal with vendors who only have handmade or hand crafted works/products. We do not believe in promoting vendors with sourced products, because at the end of the day we are trying to promote talent.
https://www.mibodarocks.com/833-dte46412-top-3-indian-dating-apps.html In your perspective, how are flea markets like these helping the small home-grown artists?
We have always aimed to offer a unique platform for upcoming or emerging brands/designers/artists to promote themselves and their talent to a welcoming consumer market and to be able to create a “Buzz” around them.
“Necessity is the mother of all Inventions” – Plato and “Creative Expressions create Usable Necessities”! – Za Palooza
Talent need not just be hidden for people to call their hobbies. They need to be unearthed and brought forth. We are helping the home-grown artists build from scratch; innovative creations that are usable products and necessities. And this very talent needs to be appreciated and lauded.
Click This Link Which was the first flea market that you ever went to?
My first experience at a flea market was in 2011 in Italy and France. The local flea markets there are an experience in themselves. They are artsy, colourful, fun and laid back.
And finally, give our readers some dos and don’ts for Za Palooza?
- Do bring your family and friends along. And pets too! It’s a fun-filled day on March 8, from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm for the entire family. Entry is only Rs.100/- per person. The more the merrier.
- Part of our overall proceeds goes out to an NGO in Ahmednagar called Balgruha.
- Come by in the morning to get the choicest picks from the vendors and revisit later in the day (keeping your wristbands on) to shop some more and listen to some groovy music.
- Bring cash along, it’s quicker and easier for your shopping.
- Make sure you go through the flea market more than once. You’d be surprised to find stuff on your 2nd round.
- Bring sunscreen, a hat and a bag for all your goodies from shopping.
- If you see something you love, JUST BUY IT! If you don’t, someone else will.
- Do stay till the end. We have an awesome line-up of artists right until 10:00 pm and the event is powered by MTV Indies.
- Don’t stick solely to your shopping list or a budget. Our vendors’ products are unique and quirky.
- Don’t bring your cars. Leave them behind, avoid the driving and parking woes. We have tied up with UBER for two free rides to the event and back. All you need to do is download the UBER app and enter the promo code “UberZaPalooza” and avail the same.
- Don’t Drink and Drive.