The weekend is here again and the it is the time to unwind, enjoy, have a blast and spend some quality time with close ones…
[divider ]February 20, Friday[/divider]
Band n Beer Nights with The Yeti Collective
A project created to showcase some of the most talented musicians from in and around the city, The Yeti Collective can be classified as the coming together of a few similar minds to pursue their common goal of creating great music!
A four-piece experimental set-up, the Yeti Collective is deeply influenced by various genres from rock, blues, and reggae to rock n roll.
With Mark Raj on vocals, Rishi Paryani on lead, Raphael Aaron on drums & Sam Kore on bass, be prepared for fresh, inspiring sounds & a soothing vibe as the Yeti Collective take center stage!
Where: 11 East Street Café
Time: 8 pm onwards
[divider ]February 21, Saturday[/divider]
Lost the Plot Presents Film Writing Workshop
Anupam Kher’s Writer Prepares presents in Association with Lost the Plot
A two-day Workshop on the ‘Fundamentals of Film Writing’ with National Award Winning filmmaker, Satyanshu Singh.
+ Theory Sessions: 4 pm – 8 pm
+ Film Screening & Discussion: 8:30 p.m. onwards
+ Capacity: 40 attendees
+ Bookings: Online (Tickets available on Book My Show – http://goo.gl/r9oZRd)
+ Charges: Rs. 2,000 per person, which includes:
-> Access to the film screenings and related discussions
-> Admission to the ‘Writer Prepares’ scholarship competition
-> 10% off on food & beverage at the venue for the duration of the workshop
• Day 1: A 4-hour lecture, followed by the screening of ‘The Verdict’
• Day 2: A 4-hour follow up lecture, followed by the screening of ‘Casablanca’
• After this series of lectures, students will be expected to email a story-idea for a feature film in about 300 words before 1st of March. Each student will receive feedback on his or her story-idea from the instructor.
• Additionally, 2 students will receive a scholarship for any of the month long writing courses available at Anupam Kher’s Film Academy “Writer Prepares” in Mumbai. The scholarship can be availed for up to 1 year from the date of issue.
The Content of the Lectures:
• Why Screenwriting can and should be learnt and practiced
• How is storytelling in cinema different from other mediums like prose or play
• What kind of stories work on film: How to ideate a film
• The fundamental concepts of the Three Act Structure, the Inciting Incident and Plot Points, Conflict and the Climax
• How to develop cinematically powerful characters
Dates: February 21-22
Where: Lost the Plot, Seasons Hotel, Aundh
Arijit Singh Live in Pune!
ANJANEYA SATHE GROUP presents Arijit Singh Live in Concert – Pune!
Catch the maestro perform his latest hits – Sooraj dooba hai, Tum hi ho, Samjhawan, Kabira and a host of other tracks live!
Where: Balewadi Stadium
Time: 5 – 9 pm
Contact: 9595383838 / 9021383838 / 9657383838 / 9689383838
[divider ]February 22, Sunday[/divider]
Farhan & Ankit Tiwari Live in Pune 2015
Farhan Akhtar comes to Pune with his band, “FarhanLive” for the first time. The Tickets are live on Official Ticketing Partner – Party On My Mind!
Farhan Live is one of India’s leading edge live rock acts fronted by the multi-faceted Farhan Akhtar. It comprises of some of India’s very talented artists.
Farhan Akhtar today is an idol, a man who is looked up to for his professionalism, sincerity, hard work and intelligence. He also spearheads the campaign MARD – Men Against Rape and Discrimination. Debuting in Pune for a live show along with him is another music sensation Ankit Tiwari belting out his numbers from Aashiqui 2, famous chartbuster song Galliyaan and songs from his upcoming movie Roy. Ankit Tiwari received the coveted “Filmfare Award” for the best male playback singer.
With this concert, joy will be spread around the city, music will touch many souls and entertainment will satisfy one and all! This goodness concert is brought to you by SareJahan Se Acha Foundation and conceptualized and executed by Concept 9.
Where: Poona Club Grounds
Time: 5 – 10 pm