In Italy, food is not just a mere job; it’s a way of life. Meals in Italy are treated as events- delicious dishes and good company is all that you need to make it memorable. Keeping up with this tradition, La Terrazza at Hyatt Regency brings to you home styled Italian cooking. Authentic Italian cooking is all about the simplicity- simple recipes, simple ingredients and basic techniques. Mostly it’s all about the ingredients- and if you’ve been thinking cheese and only cheese, you’re in for a little surprise. Read on…
Whether it’s a family feast, a late night snack or a romantic meal for two, La Terrazza can make everything work out fine. All you need is the desire to spend a lot of time eating great food. I say a lot of time since everything is freshly prepared in front of you at the kitchen counter. The ambiance, though a little luxurious, does come close to that of a local kitchen back home in Italy. The service is prompt, the staff is alert and knowledgeable, but don’t expect the food to reach your table anytime soon- since it’s all being prepared fresh, from scratch, it’d be wise to give it some time. If you are visiting La Terrazza, do come prepared. And if you plan on sitting in the cabanas outside, be prepared to be mesmerized by the calm and peaceful elegance of the surroundings.
Let’s talk some food now, shall we? If you’re looking for authentic Italian food, this is the place to be. And believe you me, you’re in for a surprise when you see everything that’s being served is not the cheesy, spicy dish that you thought it would be. In fact, you would be surprised to see how casually it is all served to you. All this might be disappointing at first, but one bite and you’re likely to forget the initial disappointment. And you’ll slowly move into your comfort zone and enjoy a meal like you would back home. True story.
Here’s was what our dinner looked like-
- Crumb-fried Mozzarella with Sauce Pizziaola
- Assorted Bruschetta – Tomato, Basil, Mushroom, Chicken Liver Pate, Parma Ham
- Frito Misto: Crispy Fried Fish, Prawns and Squid with Anchovy Mayonnaise
- Pizza “La Terrazza”: Parma Ham, Arugula, Parmesan Flakes
- Mushroom, Bell Pepper, roasted Garlic, Sautéed Onion
- Seafood and Asparagus Risotto with Saffron
- Pan seared Sea Bass with New Potato, Cherry Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Fava Beans and Parsley and Caper Sauce
1. Value for money- it’s easy for people to get intimidated by a big brand, but you need to believe me when I say you can eat a hearty, delicious meal here for less than a thousand bucks. Add in large chunks of meat, juicy succulent prawns and the velvety smoothness of Italian cuisine- I think we have a winner.
2. Healthy and fresh food- this one’s a no-brainer. The food is prepared in front of you, and as a matter of fact, Italian cooking doesn’t require much oil. It’s a good break from the regular options we have available.
3. Authentic Italian cooking- when they say authentic, they mean authentic. You will not find the slightest hint of any Indian flavour in the dishes being served to you. Light, healthy, crispy, green and leafy pizza, some dry red wine, fried calamari, roasted olives, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and bell peppers… refreshing flavours, them.
4. Ambiance- With soft lighting and checkered table cloths adorning the wooden tables and an open kitchen counter displaying various types of pastas and vegetables, it’s fairly easy to slip back into a relaxed mood and enjoy your wine while you watch your pizza being baked in the oven.
1. Strong flavours- For those who do not enjoy a sudden change, the flavours might come across as bland and sometimes bitter even. A sweet drink is recommended if you don’t want the flavours to feel that strong.
2. Turnover time- I repeat, do come here with a lot of patience, especially if it’s a busy night (read weekend)
The next time you’re tempted to go out for an “Italian”, we suggest you try out La Terrazza at Hyatt Regency. And yes, feel free to share your thoughts with us!