These simple, enticing and healthy monsoon-special recipes by sous-chef Merajuddin Ansari will allow you to make the most of the beautiful weather in the city!
resource HEALTHY VEGGIE RASAM SOUP
site de rencontre geneve Ingredients
2 cups Beetroot Cubes
2 cups Carrot Cubes
2 cups Tomato Cubes
3 Thai Green Chilies
2 tbsp Tamarind Pulp OR lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 tsp Red chili powder
1/2 tsp Asafetida
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
2 tsp Rasam Powder
2 tsp Oil
1 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 Dry Red Chillies
- Blend beetroot, carrot, tomato and green chillies.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add seasoning/tadka and let it splutter.
- Add the blended vegetable puree to the seasoning with ten cups of water.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, Rasam powder, and tamarind pulp blend with beetroot, carrot, tomatoes and chilies. Stir and let it boil for 10-15 minutes and add coriander leaves.
site de rencontre algГ©rien pour mariage SPICED POMFRET PAKODA
6 batons of pomfret
5 gm of red chili paste
5 gm ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp. gram flour
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
Oil for deep-frying pakoda
- Wash the fish batons. Marinate with ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Beat the egg, salt, chili paste, lemon juice and coriander leaves together to make a batter.
- Add gram flour and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or deep-frying pan.
- Dip each fish piece into the batter and fry in batches till golden and crisp all over.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
SILKEN TOFU KATHI ROLL
100 gm Silken Tofu
Refined flour for small rotis (6 nos.)
1 tbsps Sunflower cooking oil
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 large Onion sliced thinly
2 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
- Heat the oil (3 tbsps) in a deep pan on medium heat. When hot, add the cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
- Add the sliced onions and fry till soft. Add garlic and ginger paste and fry for 1 minute
- Now add all spice powders and fry until oil begins to separate from the masala.
- Add the Silken tofu check the seasoning.
- Once the mixture is dry remove it and let it cool.
- Now take roti spoon the mixture in the center and roll it. Serve it with mint chutney.
Coriander and Mint Chutney:
1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
1 cup fresh chopped coriander
1 green chilli
1/2 inch ginger
1 or 2 tbsp lemon juice
In a mixer or blender, grind all the above ingredients to a smooth paste using a little water. Mix salt in the chutney. Keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Bread PIECES CUBES, as needed
½ cup PEAS (You can use white peas, chick peas, black channa, green peas or yellow peas)
½ cup Yogurt
Tamarind Chutney, as needed
Green Chutney, as needed
½ tsp roasted Cumin Powder
¼ Red Chili Powder, to sprinkle
½ tsp Chaat Masala
1 Boiled Potato, chopped
Onions, handful finely chopped
Tomato, handful chopped
Cilantro, 2 tbsp finely chopped
½ cup Sev
- Pressure cook the peas with some turmeric powder, salt, chili powder, garam masala and some tamarind juice. You can also cook this using a slow cooker or using a normal vessel on stove top.
- You need soft peas along with semi thick gravy. The bread pieces should be crispy for the chaat to taste good.
- So put the pieces in the oven or toast the bread before making the chaat.
- You could also use old bread or store bought croutons to make this chaat. Chop the onions, tomatoes, cilantro and potato and keep it ready. Beat the yogurt with little salt and little sugar. Prepare the green chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Arrange few pieces of bread in a serving dish. Pour some boiled peas along with the gravy (Ragda) over the top.
- Top it with some boiled potato cubes chopped onions, tomatoes and cilantro. Pour little tamarind chutney and green chutney.
- Pour the beaten yogurt over that. Sprinkle some red chili powder, cumin powder and chaat masala over the yogurt.
- Finally sprinkle Sev and/or boondhi on top and serve immediately. Serve this as an appetizer or as an evening snack.
KHAMAN DHOKLA CHAAT
1 Khaman Dhokla mixture
1 Onion finely chopped
2 Flakes Garlic crushed
2 Green Chilli chopped
½ tsp Mustard Seed
2 to 3 pinch Asafetida Powder
2 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
1 Onion chopped
1 tbsp Coriander chopped
½ cup fine Sev
2 to 3 tbsp Green Chutney
2 tbsp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- Steam the Dhokla as per instructions on packet. Do not add seasoning.
- Break into chunks and cool to room temperature.
- Break into crumbs with hand, and then pass through a large holed mesh.
- The mixture should resemble coarse bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, asafetida, and allow spluttering.
- Add garlic, chilli, onions and sauté till transparent. Add Khaman crumbs and take off heat.
- Gently mix together and set aside. Warm crumbs in microwave.
- Put a tbsp or more of crumbs in individual bowls.
- Drizzle the chutneys
- Top with chopped onions, sev and coriander.
- Serve immediately.
ed rencontre Image Credits: Hanisha Lalwani