Having a healthy dinner is in vogue now a days, and a lot of people are becoming calorie conscious thus opting for eating a bowl full of salad for dinner. Those looking for a healthy & light dinner option can definitely give these salads a try. Here are the recipes of two salad dishes that are easy to cook and light but filling.
Grilled Chicken salad
- 4 pcs chicken breast
- 2 tsp olive oil for marinating & 2 tsp to cook chicken
- 10 lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- small piece of Gouda cheese (optional)
- ¼ capsicum chopped
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 8-10 roasted & salted almonds
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes into half
- salt & pepper
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 cloves of garlic -grated
- 2 stems of parsley thoroughly chopped for marinating the chicken
- for vinaigrette- 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tsp olive oil, fresh parsley 2 stems, 1 grated clove of garlic+ salt and chilli flakes
- Marinate the chicken breast with salt & pepper, parsley, lime juice, 2 tsp olive oil and garlic. Leave aside for 1 hr.
- Grill the chicken on a grilling pan. Add the remaining olive oil while grilling the chicken. Grill until perfectly cooked.
- Mix the lettuce, cucumber, capsicum, tomatoes, Gouda cheese and almonds. Add the vinaigrette.
- Cut the chicken making 4 pieces of each chicken breast.
- Plate up by arranging the bed of salad in the centre, topping the grilled chicken over the salad.
The above quantity will serve 2 adults.
Use cheddar cheese (regular cheese cubes) if you don’t have gouda cheese.
Time consumed: ½ hr to cook and plate up, 1 hr to marinate the chicken
Pasta & Cucumber Salad
- 2 medium size cucumbers
- 1 small bowl macaroni (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 tsp mustard seed powder
- Curd as required (better to use readymade curd which is thick)
- Coriander for garnishing
- Chop cucumber; prepare pasta as per instruction and keep aside to cool.
- Grind the mustard seed powder with ½ tsp curd until it becomes light & fluffy and colour should change to white.
- Add curd to chopped cucumber, followed by pasta & add the mustard dressing.
- Add salt to taste, garnish with coriander, Serve Chill. Let it marinate for 1 hour before serving. Goes well with chappati, rice, pulao.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published.